GENETICS CENTER is a comprehensive clinical diagnostic facility located in Orange, California, and is seeking a part-time onsite system administrator.
- Managing both Windows and Linux servers
- Routine monitoring, evaluation, and documentation of system status
- Develop, maintain, and document system maintenance program
- Develop and maintain appropriate disaster recovery plans
- Develop and maintain effective security controls
- Develop, implement, and maintain appropriate data storage solutions
- Identify and fix problems with existing systems
- Enhance existing systems
- Planning for and implementing / integrating new systems
- Evaluate, propose, and implement value added information technology solutions
- Manage email and fax servers
- Additional responsibilities as requested or required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Advanced knowledge of Apache
- Understanding of PHP and HTML
- Advanced knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Virtual Machines
Our systems include a Windows based server and several Linux based servers, both on and off-site. We run both an intranet and host our own website. We have been in business for over 31 years, and our computer needs are growing, so we are looking for someone to grow with us. A southern California resident with a BS/BA degree, and a minimum of three to five years of relevant experience are required.
(714) 288-8520 office phone
Submit your resume to email@example.com
or FAX it to 714-288-8525.